|| Activities Coordinator
||Skilled Nursing Facility
||$18.99 – $22.72 – $26.45
||8 Hour Shift
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Activities Coordinator is responsible for the planning and implementation of the Activities Program of the Skilled Nursing Facility with the framework, philosophy and policies of Bear Community Healthcare District
• Provide a monthly calendar of activities.
• Participate in weekly IDCP meeting.
• Organize and carry out daily activities. Delegate if needed.
• Facilitate Resident council meeting monthly
• Update care plans to reflect what activities are preferred by the individual resident.
• Communicate any changes noted in a resident to LVN.
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) Required:
• High School Graduate or GED recipient with at least 4 years work experience in related area
such as the geriatric population and structured senior activity programs.
• BLS Certification
• Associate Degree with 2 years’ work experience with the geriatric population and knowledge of
the field assignment.
• Certification from an accredited Activity Director Program with one (1) year of documented consultation from an Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapist Assistant or Recreational Therapist with one (1) year of experience, or
• Certification as an Occupational, Dance, Art, Music or Recreational
• Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant, or 2 years in a social/recreational program
• Must be knowledgeable and sensitive to the needs of the elderly and handicapped individuals.
• Computer literate.
Bear Valley Community Healthcare District
Equal Opportunity Employer