Supports BVCHD service line development of the medical stabilization program, Swing program, Medical Surgical unit and Skilled Nursing Facility. Develops strong relationships with BVCHD administrative personnel, nursing staff and physicians to support the coordination of care throughout the continuum of the hospital stay. Builds community relationships and key strategic partners that promote business development and creates awareness of BVCHD services lines.
Oversees the operations of the medical stabilization program including admission process, referral management, policy and procedure development, physician relationships, staff education and discharge planning.
• Supports & grows service line development of the Medical Stabilization program, Swing Program, Medical Surgical Unit and Skilled Nursing Facility.
• Builds community relationships and key strategic partners that promote business development and creates awareness of BVCHD services lines.
• Minimizes unnecessary transfers, facilitates and streamlines admissions to all programs.
• Participates in patient relations, engagement, monitors HCAHPS scores and responds appropriately.
• Oversees the operations of the medical stabilization program including admission process, referral management, policy and procedure development, physician relationships, staff education and discharge planning.
• Ensures that patient care is delivered in a manner that supports the Mission and Values of the District and promotes quality improvement, patient centered care, and interdepartmental/ interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Demonstrates professionalism, leadership, effective communication, and initiative in all job responsibilities and all duties.
• All other duties or responsibilities as assigned
• Accountability for compliance with laws, regulations, and policies to demonstrate ethical behavior.
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) Required:
• Active California RN License
• BLS (or obtain within 6 months of hire) ACLS & PALS recommended
• Bachelors degree in related field.
• Masters degree in related field.
Minimum Experience Required
• Related clinical experience
• Previous management experience
• Critical Care experience/ ED Experience
• Medical detox management
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to promote business development
• Conflict resolution
• Ability to work collaboratively across departments
• Budgeting/ statistic management
• Grant writing experience or ability to learn
Bear Valley Community Healthcare District
Equal Opportunity Employer