|| Case Manager Supervisor
||$ 49.93- $ 61.92- $ 73.90
||8 Hour Shifts
Assumes accountability for the care coordination, and discharge planning of all patients.
• Provide ongoing support and expertise to physicians and staff through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient needs.
• Enhance the quality of patient management and satisfaction.
• Promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness.
• Acts as Quality Net Security Administrator and submits data as required.
• Hires, trains, and supervises other staff assigned to perform case management duties and, if necessary, reviews, recommends, and implements discipline for staff under her/his supervision.
• Reviews and maintains confidentiality of confidential patient and business information.
• All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) Required:
• Currently Licensed as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of California required.
• Current BLS certification.
• Three years past clinical experience in an accredited acute care facility.
• Computer literate
• BSN or MSW/ LCSW
• Case Management Certification
Minimum Experience Required
• Relevant clinical or case management experience
• Previous Case management
• Ability to use communication skills to enhance learning through motivation, associations and repetition.
• Strong organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and supervise staff.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
Must have the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other members of the health care team.
Must be able to withstand stressful situations.
Bear Valley Community Healthcare District
Equal Opportunity Employer