|| Medical Assistant (PD)
||8 hr. shifts
Provides front office support and direct patient care in the Urgent Care to patients under the direction of the medical staff. Utilizes skills under the Medical Assistant scope of practice to assess, plan and implement nursing interventions and assists medical staff to insure optimal patient care within established policies, procedures, and standards.
• Provides direct patient care maintaining awareness of the condition, plan of care and needs of the patient including post visit follow-up communication and management as directed by the provider.
• Supports overall clinical functions by ensuring smooth patient flow and optimal customer service.
• Coordinates aspects of patient visit including scheduling, registration, insurance verification and discharge.
• Maintains and promotes a clean, safe working environment.
• All other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) Required:
• Medical Assistant certification
• BLS within 6 months of hire
• Phlebotomy/IV certification preferred
• Limited Scope X-Ray/ARRT certification preferred
Minimum Experience Required
• Some experience working in outpatient clinic/Urgent Care
• One year’s experience working in an outpatient clinic/Urgent Care preferred.
• Knowledge of EMR system or ability to learn and use the district Electronic Medical Record system.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to use communication skills to enhance learning through motivation, associations and repetition.
• Strong organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
• Must have the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other members of the health care team.
• Must be able to withstand stressful situations.
• Critical thinking skills
• Bilingual preferred
Bear Valley Community Healthcare District
Equal Opportunity Employer