|| Payroll Specialist/GL/Staff Accountant (FT)
||$31.11 – $37.50 – $43.89
||8 hr. Shifts
Under general supervision of the Controller, the Payroll Specialist/GL Accountant will assist with all activities in the accounting areas. The position works within the Accounting Department in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of financial statements in accordance with District policies and procedures and GAAP. Prepares various financial reports, General Ledger account reconciliation/analysis, month journal entry preparation/posting, bank reconciliations. Processes Bi-Weekly Payroll. Audit of timecards for accuracy before upload to payroll processing company. Process manual payroll checks as needed.
• General Ledger account reconciliations.
• Prepares bi-weekly payroll by reviewing, approving, and uploading time sheet information into the payroll system.
• Accountability for compliance with laws, regulations, and policies to demonstrate ethical behavior.
• All other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) Required:
• College classes focused on accounting.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred or equivalent experience.
Minimum Experience Required
• Ability to pass basic accounting exam and 5 years minimum general ledger accounting experience.
• 5 years strong payroll experience
• 5 years general ledger/accounting experience
• ADP workforce payroll processing.
• Hospital experience preferred, proficiency in desktop products including spreadsheet, word processing, presentation software. Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, demonstrate problem solving and organizational skills.
• High level of competency with personal desktop computers including importing, exporting, and manipulating data files.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Time management
• Ability to prioritize tasks.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Bear Valley Community Healthcare District
Equal Opportunity Employer