|| Perioperative/Recovery Room RN
||Low $40.74 – High $62.58
||12 hr. Shifts
The Perioperative registered nurse provides patient care through assessing, planning, and implementing the nursing care patients receive before, during and after surgery. These activities include patient assessment, creating and maintaining a sterile and safe surgical environment, pre- and post-operative patient education, monitoring the patient’s physical and emotional well-being, and integrating and coordinating patient care throughout the surgical care continuum.
• Performs all aspects of patient care during the peri-operative process, from scheduling through discharge including circulating surgical cases, recovering post-op patients and post-op follow ups.
• Order necessary supplies for surgical cases.
• Assist in keeping department stocked and inventory current.
• Ensure all necessary equipment is working properly prior to surgeries.
• Perform routine maintenance and minor troubleshooting on equipment as needed.
• Collect data for quality improvement projects.
• All other duties or responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) Required:
• Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license
• BLS, ACLS and PALS Certification
Minimum Experience Required
• 2 years hospital experience
• Surgical nursing experience
• 1 year working as a circulating nurse
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
• Computer skills and ability to use the Electronic Health Record (EHR) or the willingness to learn the EHR
Bear Valley Community Healthcare District
Equal Opportunity Employer