Evaluates, plans, directs and administers medically prescribed physical therapy programs in the hospital and outpatient settings, to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury or loss of body part. Assists patient to reach his/her maximum performance and assume a place in society while learning to live within the limits of his/her capabilities. The Physical Therapist also assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of patients being treated by Physical Therapist Assistants and may be assigned to orient staff and students and assume the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in the absence of that individual. Performs administrative duties and participates in department Performance Improvement, Infection Control, Safety and Education programs.
• Provides patient/client care and assessment in accordance with established practice/departmental guidelines.
• Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and correct application of clinical techniques, procedures and programs for clinical setting and patient populations served
• Develops an accurate individualized plan of care. Goals are feasible based upon findings and patient/family expectations. Evaluates effectiveness of treatment plan and revises as necessary. Documents patient treatment, reports and charges daily.
• Provides patient/family education and training, trains patient and/or primary caregiver in post discharge management. Plans and attends patient/family meetings.
• Adapts conventional therapeutic techniques to meet the needs of patients unable to comprehend verbal commands or voluntarily carry out a regime of therapeutic exercises/activity.
• Accountability for compliance with laws, regulations, and policies to demonstrate
• All other duties or responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) Required:
• Graduate of the American Physical Therapy Association accredited training program.
• Experience in acute care, skilled nursing facility, outpatient and/or sub-acute settings preferred.
• Current California Physical Therapy license and BCLS required.
• Clinical Specialty as defined/awarded by the American Physical Therapy Association
Minimum Experience Required
• New Graduates/Physical Therapist License Applicant (PTLA) will be considered.
Bear Valley Community Healthcare District
Equal Opportunity Employer