Under the direct supervision of the Chief Technician/Radiology Manager, independently performs General Diagnostic routine exams of the head, neck, chest, abdomen, pelvis and extremities as well as specialized exams such as gastric, fluoroscopic and portable exams as well as two of the following subspecialties Computerized Tomography (CT), Mammography or Ultrasound. These diagnostic procedures will be carried out with a caring, professional attitude with attention to detail. Prepares procedures for interpretation by obtaining correct patient histories. Performs other related duties as deemed necessary by the Chief Technician/Radiology Manager. Available for rotating schedule days, nights weekends and On-call shifts.
• Coordinates patient schedules and performs related clerical duties as needed. Is responsible to take on call duty. Prepares procedures for interpretation by obtaining correct patient histories and processing the images.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills.
• Ability to understand and utilize the Digital Image Storage device for image acquisition retrieval and storage of exams.
• Ability to maneuver portable X-ray equipment throughout the facility. Assumes the responsibility for proper patient positioning for every Xray procedure
• The CT Technologist is responsible for performing CT procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. This position works at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Work situations are a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, initiative, and ingenuity in order to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis.
• The Mammogram Technologist maintains a comprehensive knowledge of, and ability to perform or assist in performance of required mammography quality control for mammography equipment according to the requirements of the State of California and MSQA.
• Performs all diagnostic Ultrasound (U/S) examinations including but not limited to OB, Abdomen and Vascular studies with a caring and professional attitude paying close attention to detail.
• Maintain work area in a clean and organized condition.
• Perform related duties as assigned or requested.