The Surgical Technologist is an allied health professional and essential member of the surgical team. Surgical Technologists provide surgical care to patients by setting up cases and passing instruments and other sterile supplies to the surgeon to facilitate safe and efficient surgical procedures. Through effective communication, working closely with the circulating nurse and anesthesia provider, and by adhering to professional standards and guidelines, they ensure that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
The Central Sterile Processing Technician is involved in all activities related to cleaning, sterilizing, and storing of surgical instruments and equipment, maintaining required documentation, and keeping sterile and non-sterile supplies stocked in the department.
• Prepare and maintain a sterile operating room
• Clean and sterilize instruments and equipment for the surgery department and other departments as needed.
• Run routine testing and daily maintenance of sterilizers.
• Stock adequate supplies for the department, while keeping inventory current
• Accountability for compliance with laws, regulations, and policies to demonstrate ethical behavior
• All other duties or responsibilities as assigned