The Perioperative registered nurse provides patient care through assessing, planning, and implementing the nursing care patients receive before, during and after surgery. These activities include patient assessment, creating and maintaining a sterile and safe surgical environment, pre- and post-operative patient education, monitoring the patient’s physical and emotional well-being, and integrating and coordinating patient care throughout the surgical care continuum.
• Performs all aspects of patient care during the peri-operative process, from scheduling through discharge including circulating surgical cases, recovering post-op patients and post-op follow ups.
• Order necessary supplies for surgical cases.
• Assist in keeping department stocked and inventory current.
• Ensure all necessary equipment is working properly prior to surgeries.
• Perform routine maintenance and minor troubleshooting on equipment as needed.
• Collect data for quality improvement projects.
• All other duties or responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) Required:
• Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license
• BLS, ACLS and PALS Certification
Minimum Experience Required
• 2 years hospital experience
• Surgical nursing experience
• 1 year working as a circulating nurse
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
• Computer skills and ability to use the Electronic Health Record (EHR) or the willingness to learn the EHR
Bear Valley Community Healthcare District
Equal Opportunity Employer