Bear Valley Community Healthcare District (BVCHD) shall utilize interpreters for patients who are not fluent in the English language, or require American Sign Language (ASL) translation.
1. For consents, explanations of new or complicated diagnoses, and quality/end of life issues, interpreters shall be utilized. The following options are available to BVCHD staff and patients:
1.1. Language Phone Interpreter
1.2. Video Conference Interpreter
2. Language Line contact number: (909) 318-2138
2.1. Upon connection with language assistance line please follow the prompts provided to utilize translation services.
3. Video conference interpreter website: https://bearvalley.globohq.com/users/sign_in
3.1. Upon logging into the website, please follow the prompts provided to utilize translation services.
4. The name of the person providing interpretation shall be documented in the medical record.
5. Staff or family member may assist with providing limited, simple interpreting/translation services or in emergency situations.
5.1. The name of the family member/friend used as an interpreter as well as the patient’s permission to have family/friend interpret should be documented in the patient’s health record. Family (at the patient’s request), may interpret simple patient instructions, make appointments, register and verify insurance.